Property protection is hardly a modern invention, but since the days of moats, crossbows and burning arrows, things have moved on a bit.
You can now find a whole range of complex door entry systems on the market, so if you’re on the hunt for some electronic door entry systems in London, you might be a bit overwhelmed. Handily, we’re here to clear up the confusion and enlighten you on the most appropriate, cost-effective and simple options for you.
Handily, we’re here to clear up the confusion and enlighten you on the most appropriate, cost-effective and simple options for you.
First, it’s important to think about what you’re protecting. Is it a business? A small building? A big building? A commercial block? Your own home? Audio buzzers might be enough for a small, intimate building, but they probably won’t do the job if you’re keen to secure something larger or more private…so when you’re considering the types of door entry systems available – which we’ve listed below – it’s good to bear in mind what you’ll be using it for. It will help you choose the right one for you.
Audio buzzers might be enough for a small building, but they probably won’t do the job if you’re keen to secure something larger or more private…so when you’re considering the types of door entry systems available – which we’ve listed below – it’s good to bear in mind what you’ll be using it for. It will help you choose the right one for you.
The available systems include:
- Audio buzzers: the potential entrant presses a button on the panel, speaks to someone in the building, and is (hopefully!) granted access by the person to which they speak;
- Video entry buzzer: as above, but with the added security of a video camera, so the face of the potential entrant can be seen;
- Telephone-style systems: an audio buzzer shaped like a telephone;
- Mobile phone and internet systems: in this case, the door is controlled remotely via an internet connection or mobile phone connection. Snazzy!
- Card and fob systems: these ones are really popular and simple, and allow access to a building or property via an electronic key. Those seeking access require a fob, card, badge or other electrical access items to gain entry;
- Biometric systems: like something from a James Bond film, these are the rarest, most controversial and most reliable. Visitors are gained access to a building according to an eye scan or fingerprint. Futuristic!
There are also other systems and features which can be added for extra security. These include gadgets to deter vandals, features to protect from the weather and more.
All of this is influenced and affected by what the building is for, how many people use it, how busy it is and more. You might, for example, need more than one entrance covered, you might want to consider a trade entrance, or you might need to make considerations for disabled users.
So, there are plenty of things to think about if you’re on the hunt for door entry systems in London! We’ve been working with domestic and commercial customers and clients for decades, so if you want advice, suggestions and installations from a friendly-faced team who know what they’re talking about, then give us a ring.
We offer a reasonably-priced, happy, personalised service… so for all your door entry system needs in the London area, get in touch. We’ll have a chat and see what suits you best.