Over the summer months, the weather gets better, the days get longer, and the BBQs become more frequent. But summer is also the best time to get on top of household jobs, especially in the areas outside your home.
In this article, we take a look at all the exterior household jobs that need doing around your home in the summer – and how we can help if you haven’t got the time!
Here are some exterior maintenance tasks that it’s essential to do in the summer months:
- Prune and trim your garden to make it neat and tidy. Bugs and moisture living in summer shrubs and bushes can damage the structure of your home over time.
- Sheds! Got an old one that needs fixing or a new one that needs putting up? The summer weather gives you the perfect opportunity to do it.
- Check your guttering and roofing. Leaves and moss grow quickly in the summer and can damage your gutters and roof. Summer is also the best time to fix rooves that have been damaged in the winter.
- Secure, check and maintain any outbuildings that you have: sheds, greenhouses, summer houses, and garages. Harsh winter weather takes its toll on these buildings, so it’s essential you take the time to give them a once-over.
- If you want to paint any external parts of your property, now’s the time to do it. Paint adheres better when surfaces aren’t wet or damp. It’ll also dry quicker in the sunshine, making your paint job more durable.
- Need any old garden furniture painted? Do it now!
- Get your boiler serviced. Arrange servicing in the summer and your boiler will be ready and waiting for the cold weather when you need it most! You’ll also miss the lengthy winter waiting lists.
- Bleed your radiators to keep the water flowing and to ensure that they’ll be working properly when you need them come the autumn.
- A garden clearance sale to get rid of any clutter that has accumulated over the winter. A thorough declutter makes your home easier to live in and is therapeutic. It can also raise a healthy chunk of money!
- If you have a chimney, clean it! Dust and debris build up over time, especially over the winter. Since you hopefully won’t be using your chimney in summer, clean it then!
- Wash down your porch to get rid of all the winter grime.
- Thoroughly wash your windows, if you don’t already get them professionally cleaned.
All these tasks are essential in order to keep your property looking good and ensure it keeps its value.
But they are time-consuming, so if you don’t have time to do them all yourself, we can help. We’re not just a London locksmith, we’re also experienced providers of home maintenance and security. For summer home maintenance, get in touch!